275 "NewClassic" Power Amplifier Engineered for Custom
Installation & Pro Applications
rack mountable, 2 x 75 watts into 8 ohms, 2 x 125 into 4 ohms,
2 x 125 into 2 ohms, and an 200 watts bridged mono into 4 or 8
Model 275 Power Ampifier. Rear panel photo at the end of this
SAN FRANCISCO (3/2/05) -- Parasound has introduced the Model
275 stereo home theater power amplifier as part of its NewClassic
line. Each of this cool-running power amplifier's two channels
can deliver 75 watts into 8 ohms, 125 watts into 4 ohms, 125 watts
into 2 ohms, and 200 watts when bridged to mono into 4 or 8 ohms.
This exceptionally rugged amplifier is equally capable of driving
a high quality pair of stereo loudspeakers, or a long chain of
in-wall and ceiling speakers.
"NewClassic," said Richard Schram, Parasound's president
and founder, "is a no-nonsense line of products designed
to meet the needs of professional custom audio-video system integrators
and installers, and most of all their customers. These products
are the end result of our long history of dedication to sound
quality, performance, and build-quality. We back them up with
a 10-year parts, 5-year labor warranty."
The Model 275 is a Class AB amplifier designed for efficient,
low heat operation. It features fully discrete circuitry with
two toroid transformers, and is capable of delivering 30 amps
peak current per channel.
It includes a switchable 20/40-Hz, 18 dB/octave high pass filter
that can be activated to minimize wasted bass energy when driving
multiple small speakers or to defeat the negative impedance effects
of auto-former wall-mounted volume controls. There is also an
impedance selector switch for very low impedance speaker chains.
For integration with processing and control equipment, the amplifier
features both a DC trigger input with looping output and adjustable
sensitivity audio signal sensing for automatic on/off control.
A ground lift switch is included on the rear panel, as are gold
plated RCA inputs, and A/B speaker terminals with individual on/off
and heavy-duty 24 K gold plated five-way speaker terminals for
The Model 275 includes DC Servo and relay protection circuits,
and there are front panel indicators for high temperature, standby,
and status of each channel.
The Model 275 occupies 1 rack space when mounted with the optional
RMK11 rack-mount kit. It is currently available at a suggested
retail price of $500.
Founded in 1981, Parasound Products, Inc., is a privately owned
U.S. company that specializes in providing affordable audio and
home theater components to the critical listener. Parasound's
products are available from quality audio/video retailers, and
select custom installation specialists. For more information,
visit www.parasound.com or call 415-397-7100.
# # #
Model 275 Specifications
75 watts per channel into 8 Ohms, both channels driven
• 125 watts per channel into 4 Ohms, both channels
• 125 watts per channel into 2 Ohms, both channels
• 200 watts bridged into 8 Ohms or 4 Ohms mono
• 30 amps peak current per channel
• Impedance selector switch for 2 Ohm operation
• Bridging switch for stereo or mono operation
• A/B speaker terminals with individual on/off
• 18dB/octave high pass filter, switchable 20Hz
• Fully discrete circuitry with toroid transformer
• Efficient, low heat design
• DC Servo and relay protection circuits
• Automatic on/off by DC trigger with looping outputs
• Automatic on/off by audio signal with adjustable
• Gold-plated RCA input jacks, loop output jacks
• Heavy duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker terminals
• Rear mounted gain controls; ground lift switch
• 115/230v selector on rear panel
• Standby, channel status, high temperature indicators
• 1u chassis; RMK11 rack mount kit available
• (W x D x H) 17.25” x 16” x 2.5”
/ 1.75” without feet
437mm x 406mm x 63mm / 44mm without feet